Based in St. Petersburg, Russia
I’m interested in illusions, gaps, deformation, errors. Area of my research is altered state of consciousness in the context of the concept of possible worlds. I am building visual mazes to interact with the viewer.
My goal is to create such a visual situations for the beholder, so that he could physically experience the phenomenon that I investigate.
One of the main methods is an abstraction as a practice of concentration on the issue. My work always takes into account the medium through which the statement is made. I explore and challenge the boundaries of photography as a medium. In my practice I shift the perspective to discover a gap in the familiar and mix different genres to make them relate to each other.
Zadorozhnaia is represented by FotoDepartament Gallery.
- 2013 — now FotoDepartament.Institute, curator Nadya Sheremetova (St. Petersburg, Russia)
- 2011 — several photo workshops (St. Petersburg, Russia)
- 1999–2003 — The National University of theatre, cinema and television of Karpenko-Kary (Kiev, Ukraine)
- 2015 «The Observer Effect» project presented at «Experiences of Brownian Motion» in The Lumiere Brothers Center for Photography (Moscow, Russia)
- 2015 «Construction. Photography in search of approach» as part of «Photoparade in Uglich» (Uglich, Russia)
- 2015 «The Photobook Show» at Athens Photo Festival ’15 (Benaki Museum, Athen, Greece)
- 2014 «Sam Izdam» (Modern Young Culture Center «Floor», Novosibirsk, Russia)
- 2014 «Krasnoyarsk Book Culture Fair» (Siberia Expocentre, Krasnoyarsk, Russia)
- 2014 «Photobook Week Aarhus» (Arkitektskolen Aarhus, Aarhus, Denmark)
- 2014 «Institute.Production» («Smena» gallery, Kazan, Russia)
- 2014 «I’mpressed» ( «Taiga» space, St. Petersburg, Russia)
- 2015 «The Observer Effect»
- 2014 «The drill charted a point and bore a hole. Input — output. Where is the creature: inside or outside?»
- 2015 — Book «The Observer Effect» has been shortlisted for 2015 Unseen Dummy Award (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- 2015 — Book «The Observer Effect» has been shortlisted for Spine Dummy Award 2015 (Stockholm, Sweden)
- 2016 Colta.ru, invterview, 8 April
- 2016 YET Magazine, invterview, 3 April
- 2015 IKONA Magazine, invterview, 8 November
- 2015 Photographer.Ru, review on project "The Observer Effect", 27 November
- 2015 Bleek Magazine, interview, 30 October
- 2014 AroundArt.ru, review, 19 November
- 2014 F. magazine, interview, 20 September